LEARN TO SPEAK GERMAN ONLINE
Wednesdays, 7:00-9:00 pm ET
Jan. 24 – May 2, 2018
▪ Emphasis on Speaking the Language.
▪ For all College and Graduate Students, who may have had a German reading and translating course and now desire to use the language actively, or for any motivated high school student or other adult desiring speak in the language.
▪ Online course in “real time.” Students log on at specific times and interact directly with the Instructor. Access to the Internet required.
▪ No previous language knowledge required. For those without prior knowledge, the time commitment, including instruction, is 8-10 hrs/week; for students with a background in the language, approx. 4-6 hrs/week.
▪ Textbook: German Made Simple, A. Leitner. ISBN: 978-0-7679-1860-2. Cost: $13.99. Further resources will be provided at no cost.
▪ 26 hrs. of instruction. During each 2-hr. session only German will be spoken, responding to the dialogues in the textbook. Goal: to cover the equivalent of ½ yr. of college German in terms of speaking ability. Instructor’s Background: 6 years of graduate study at a German university; 10 years of teaching the intensive German course to graduate students in NYC area, and 9 yrs. online.
▪ Limited Space Available: max. class size is 15. Early Bird registration option: full payment by Jan. 1, 2018 for a total fee of $375. Registration and payments may be made online, at the website below. Lenient refund policy: refund of $375 ($300 for EB registrants) if student withdraws within 2 weeks, by February 2, 2018. Details on Enrollment Form.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
Erasmus Academy Admissions Office
320 7th Avenue #101, Brooklyn, NY 11215